Monday, December 6, 2010

Second Chance Tuesday #11 - Antiques: The Ultimate Second Chancers

Each week for the past eleven weeks I have hosted Second Chance Tuesday. Welcome, by the way, if this is your first time seeing it.



It started out as a way for me to showcase or highlight items from my online shop that haven't been featured in awhile.



Over the course of time I have discovered there are many ways to write about second chances.



It occurred to me that antiques in general receive second chances just by being antiques! They were enjoyed by someone else in the past and get a new life when found and treasured by someone new.


Love those kinds of stories.

Antiques make great gifts. (Shameless plug, yes!) To shop my virtual antique store click here.


If you'd like to take part in today's SCT, see the Mr. Linky below:










Stay tuned for my next post where I tell my tall tale of how I almost birthed a baby. I kid you not!

3 comments:

dana said...

Hope you're having a great time with your wee one this Christmas....I'm sure you are!! Yes, you are shameless about plugging your antiques (kidding, of course), but you are right...they DO make great gifts.

I hope you are selling lots of them, too!

Gotta dash to a luncheon.

L, Dana

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

HI Jillian ~ Love the idea of antiques as gifts. I have a store as well and honestly think it is fabulous to receive a one of a kind gift ~ that wasn't bought at the mall:) Can't wait to read that next post - Dee

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

You're right - antiques are 2nd chancers - they are also 'green' - often being reused and repurposed. I hope lots of people shop at Bella Rosa for gifts for their loved ones - you have some real antique treasures!