Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Finds of the Week: Brass Shell Purse, Tuck's Patriotic Postcard, Glass Shakers


Ran out quickly yesterday morning to a local antique flea... found these lovely baubles and beads... the old buttons are from Germany. Loved this trio all together so I bundled them into one price

A brass shell purse with an ornate clasp...crushed blue velvet lining.




Sweet and petite....this little French scene plate/tray is perfect for bon bons! (And who doesn't love a small treat on a pretty plate?)


I couldn't believe I found another little figurine like this one!





The old lock and key... the key fits and works!




Antique Paris postcards...nothing more needs to be said!





I saw this and thought it was great for crafting... or even wearing! A vintage wire wrap choker necklace.




I always thought cameos came in the same old color...coral background with ivory silhouette.


My favorite is the pink of course!




A unique piece. It can be used as a pendant or as a brooch.




Glass shakers... just right for crafter's glitter



I was in "Keep this one" mode but finally gave it to the shop!


Some days I'd like to keep it all...




A trio of servers for the table. Pickle fork, master butter and a petite jelly spoon



Antique valentines are always a favorite!



So are violets. They have sprung up everywhere !


Their presence is so refreshing after a long winter.




All these and more available in my Just Listed category.



Have a beautiful day!






9 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Jillian ~
Those are amazing finds!!
I especially love the bling and the purse ~

xoxo
Lori

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello,

Love those German buttons!


~ Gabriela ~

MJ said...

Love the German buttons & the daintiness of that teacup!

Alissa said...

Beautiful, Nostalgic,Classics.
I Love those!

Best Wishes!
Alissa

Ms.Daisy said...

Jillian,
Wow! What great finds! I wish I could have gone shopping with you -always so much fun! Love that tea cup with the violets.


Love,
Ms.Daisymau

Manni said...

Jillian
what an amazing collection. I Really love everything, but my fave has to be that violet cup/saucer, especially with a baked cupcake in it :)
Thanks for sharing!
hugs
Manni

gail said...

Hi Jillian-thanks for letting me vent...have to admit, it felt good for a hot minute!
love all your finds, especially the violet tea cup....
hugs,
gail

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

You always find such treasures. I would have difficulty giving any of them up! Take care, Connie

dana said...

You have the best luck finding wonderful items!!! Our local flea markets tend to have stuff of the "flea" variety vs. the cool antique treasures! I'd have a real hard time parting with most of it!

We're having a wonderful day in MO...gotta get outside and soak it up!

L, Dana