Friday, August 26, 2011

Vintage Treasures: MZ Austria Rose Plate, Art Deco Clocks, World War II Ephemera, "Mad Men" Jewelry, Flapper Girl Purse

What a week for the East Coast... an earthquake and now a hurricane!

So hunker down, stay in, and browse through my latest vintage treasures... and if you're not bracing for a hurricane, just take a minute to check out some neat old finds:


Beautiful, embossed, pointed edge MZ Austria petite roses plate.
This one was hard to part with!

Two sets of (5) Haviland Limoges plates.
A romantic trio of things... antique Paris (Le Tour Eiffel ooh la la!) postcard, large brass skeleton key hanging from a pink ribbon, and a World War II soldier's photo. I love the push pin holes to show how often his photo was pinned up.

The reverse side of the Paris postcard. In French!



A sweet petite point Flapper girl style purse. Very old, showing some shabby wear but a great

example of vintage fashion. There is a belt loop on the back to show it was worn.


Vintage baby fork and an antique 1908 family photo postcard.

Gold is back this year! I see this awesome "feather swirl" pin

on a black, red, or ivory sweater for this year's holiday season.



Vintage 1968 Baby Cheerful Tearful.

Looks brand new. She has red hair too!

Brass skeleton keys tied up with ribbon.


Antique song book sheets, old brass keys, and baby pink ribbon

put a song in my heart.

Vintage wooden folding Christmas tree fencing. This one is larger than the norm...

I counted 13 ten inch pieces plus the two shorter gates.

This will definitely fit around a larger tree.
I saw these pins and thought of the show Mad Men.

Vintage retro is so much fun!

And so are these clocks. I LOVE the art deco design of the square clock.

Both by Ingraham. And they both do a lot of tick tocking!

Sitting next to each other, they were driving me crazy.

Wind 'em up each night before you go to bed, just like Grandma did!

A Gregorian copper watering can. I did not take a copper cleaner to it. Some

people like the vintage patina... so I'll let the new owner decide.


And some bits of history from old War War II letters.

In high school I was in the musical "South Pacific."

This photo made me think of the song "Nothing like a Dame!"

I think mixed media artists and scrapbook lovers will

enjoy this collection of ephemera.

Thanks for taking a moment to check out my finds....there are a few more surprises left on my website. (Vintage Atlantic City beach pennant, Tuck's postcard, Check them out, here.


I'm also linking to Pink Saturday!



7 comments:

Ms.Daisy said...

Jillian,
I am in love with the watering can...the gardener in me I guess!
Great finds again this week.


Love,
Ms.Daisymau

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

Very nice listings. I'd be interested in trying those little skeleton keys... Always enjoy checking out your store.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm . . . the plates are delicious - but the old photos of soldiers are intriguing. Who were they? What was their story? That's why I love old things - mystery and story hidden within!
Joy!
Kathy
P.S. Know you're fine riding out the storm - but hope mom is okay! Poor Cape May!

Red Rose Alley said...

The keys, the old photos, and the post card - I LOVE THEM! I'll tell you a little something. My husband sent me a post card in the mail before I ever even met him when I was only 16 years old. That post card I still have and will keep forever. Every time I see a post card, I smile. I enjoyed your post today so much.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Victorian1885 said...

What beautiful plates you are sharing today! Have a wonderful weekend.

Wanda

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Jillian,

Some great finds but those two clocks need to come live with me. ♥
Stay safe!!

Pink Sparkles,
Stephanie Suzanne ♥

Light and Voices said...

Surrounding yourself with all these wonderful antiques must make you happy.
Joyce M