Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Little Vintage History: Givenchy L'Interdit Perfume & Audrey Hepburn

Givenchy. A well known name in perfume and fashion. Thought to be the "Ultimate Chic."

I decided to take a closer look at the history behind the name and the perfume we have in the shop below, L'Interdit. I find unique pieces and then wonder about their origin. It is part of why I love what I do!








It all started with Hubert de Givenchy. Here is an excerpt from the Givenchy website:

As soon as Parfums Givenchy was founded in 1957, it became identified with what is now a legendary story: the meeting of Hubert de Givenchy and Audrey Hepburn, a charming young star of American cinema. Together, they invented the "Givenchy style", in which French elegance meets American glamour, a combination of light-hearted sophistication and dazzling modernity.

Hubert de Givenchy created his first fragrance, L’Interdit, in homage to the delicate, romantic, big-hearted femininity of Audrey Hepburn.



Over time as an antique dealer I've discovered there are collectors of perfumes. Vintage bottles, unique scents, French perfumes, you name it. And the girly girl in me thinks it is a lot of fun!


Our purse sized, collectible Givenchy L'Interdit perfume is available in our


"La Donna Bella" category, here.





6 comments:

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

OMG! I have it, it's amazing!


Gabriela

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Lovely! I always look forward to getting your newsletters with updates on your recent finds.

MJ said...

Audrey Hepburn was so classy! I wish that more of today's starlets followed her example!

Red Rose Alley said...

Audrey Hepburn is so pretty. I still haven't seen Breakfast at Tiffany's, and I'm told it's such a charming show. Wish I had the perfume!
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

I agree MJ!

Anonymous said...

Hello I think that your blog is really nice!