Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Prayers for Oklahoma & Where to Send Donations

Today I was going to do a post about the movie "GATSBY" and all of the glitz and glamour of the Roaring Twenties.

Right now, Gatsby just doesn't seem that important.


Photo credit: photos.oregonlive.com
 
 

 Today I am asking for prayers for Oklahoma. Prayers for parents who lost a child, people who lost their homes, people who lost everything but the clothes they were wearing.

My heart goes out to them. My heart lifted when I saw the video of the woman whose dog popped out of the rubble while she was being interviewed by the news. Good news and a prayer answered.

Hope. There is always hope.

We also want to help. But how and where?

There are some great organizations that will use your money wisely.
I think one of them is Mercy Chefs. They are on the ground in a disaster like this and all they do is feed the hungry.

There is also the Salvation Army.

I'll be back tomorrow with something else. Maybe Gatsby. Maybe just a sneak
peek at what we brought home this past weekend from an antiquing trip.

See you soon. . .and if any other organization is out there that you feel is a worthy group to donate to that will help those in Oklahoma, feel free to leave a comment and let us know.



No comments: