Monday, September 8, 2014

On Butterfly Wings


Ah, Monday comes again.

A new week! A new chance to make this a great week. Today is a great day the Lord has made!

There is just something so inspiring about the butterfly.

Its gracefulness, its beauty.

From caterpillar to winged creature, made anew.

A very good friend of mine (we've known each other for 15 years) took me out to lunch at the Olive Garden on Friday. As we were leaving we saw this pretty butterfly land on the flowers they had growing outside of the restaurant.

This was taken with my mobile phone, believe it or not.

Sadly there is a big tear in it's left wing with a piece missing. But, it did not stop this butterfly from flying! Imperfect, just like we are.

Such symbolism in just one tiny creature. How many more then, do we have to share?

Hope you are having a great start to your week! May you feel lifted, as if you were on butterfly wings.

Enjoy the day!

I'll leave you with the perfect bible verse for my butterfly:

2 Corinthians 5:17-21 ESV
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.         

 

4 comments:

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

great post... great 'lesson'... and sounds like you had a great day. Yep - it's a new week... oh the choices and decisions that lay ahead.

Victorian1885 said...

Wonderful post Jillian... I love butterflies... every time I see one I think of my parents. Have a great week!

Wanda

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

What a wonderful post! I love when stuff like that happens and we can walk away with something nice from it!!

The Old Parsonage said...

Perfect verse and thanks for sharing the flutterby (that's what Flyboy used to call them).

Leann