Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Let's Talk Vintage #7 - New Finds: What My Husband Found!



I was in the middle of doing some Christmas shopping when my cell phone rang. I fumbled around in my purse to find it.

It was my husband. He was in between jobs and had found a little antique shop to kill some time in.
Do you want this? He asked while sending me pictures via text messages. I just wasn't in the mood to shop in two different places. I said no to all of the items he had sent pictures of and was very surprised to see him carrying a box into the house when he got home.

You should see what he brought home! He has a really good eye for the type of things I sell.


Just look at this vintage hand painted bible motto plaque... it is one of the largest I have ever seen at 14 inches long! And it is pink... with handpainted roses. (It just sold to someone in my area.)

Then he found some unique and very beautiful Christmas ornaments, foil wreaths with bells, and a Christmas tablecloth.

Next time he calls and I feel like I am too busy? I'm going to pay closer attention!



Now it is your turn.... to talk vintage!

Feel free to link up your vintage inspired projects, your collections, even items you sell:


5 comments:

Victoria said...

I don't know if it's just me but the pics aren't showing up!!! Darn it, I really wanted to see the treasures your hubby found, what a good guy!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Doh! Can you believe it has been one of those mornings and I had started a post and then scheduled it for this morning and forgot that it wasn't finished yet! Plus, I am having serious computer problems. So my apologies for the holes in my post this morning plus how late it was. Thanks for letting me know!

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

oops - I'm not sure I did this link-up right.. I linked to my Etsy shop item and perhaps I was to do a blog post? sorry if I messed up!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

First visit. Following. Great header. Thank you Jillian for Lets Talk Vintage no. 7.

Victoria said...

Oh, now I can see the pics...the plaque is gorgeous! What a great find:) Still can't get over how lucky you are to have that beautiful mane of hair!!! Mine's thin and frizzy...gah:(