Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Let's Talk Vintage! #36: Crystal Clear - My Sparkling Collection

Welcome to Let's Talk Vintage!
If you've arrived here, you must
love vintage in some way, shape,
or form... so feel free to
 link up at the end!
 
Share your vintage
inspired projects, collections,
old family recipes, antique finds,
items for sale, you name it.
If it has to do with vintage, we'd
love to talk about it!
 
Today I am sharing a new find
my hubby spotted over the weekend.
 


As you can see, it is more than
just a find. It was an acquisition!
 
A curio cabinet from around
the 1970's. Not that
old, but it serves its purpose.
 
I have yet another collection
to share with you. I know,
I need to join C.A.
(Collectors Anonymous)
 
Crystal pieces seem to
attract me and I'm not sure why.
I've always liked things
that sparkle.
 
But no one else seems to want it.
 
So I am getting 
these pieces at great prices!
Look how pretty it looks
when gathered together:
  
 
 
Anyway, back to my story.
My china cabinet was getting
 a bit crowded.
 
So when the hubby texted me a photo of
a curio cabinet. I said "YES!"
 
I had seen one I liked in a
furniture store
and it was on sale for $550.00.
It was black and was triangular
shaped so you could
fit it into a corner.



 
My hubby happened to find a husband
and wife who were downsizing and sold
this one to us for $50.00.
 
I immediately filled it with
family heirlooms and pieces
I have collected over time.

A little Venetian hand blown
glass too.
 
I'll deal with the dust ...
I just love turning on the
light at night and seeing
the pretty, sparkling crystal!
 
***************
 
Now before we head into this week's features...
I just want to mention that I'm having a sitewide
orders of 20.00 or more! I don't have
sales too often and I rarely offer
free shipping!
 
Lots of fun, discounted items, while
each order receives a free gift, too!
 
***************
 
Here are this week's features:
 
 
a hunting and found some
gorgeous, unique treasures. I love
seeing what she finds ... who
wouldn't love shopping in France???? 
 
 
and My Vintage Life shared
her first finds of winter.
Beautiful way to display this bowl
with a touch of pink!
 
 
 
shared her painted and stenciled
vintage box. It looks perfect
hanging out with her ironstone
collection!
 
 
Now it's your turn:
Let's Talk Vintage!
 
 

Sharing with:
 

11 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jillian,
Love the curio!! I was able to snag 3 of them for FREE from my neighbor's last year!!
Your crystal collection is stunning!!
Thanks for hosting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Love sparkle. Great deal of cabinet too. Thank you for Lets Talk Vintage today. Have a great week.

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Thank you for hosting a great party! Jo

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Jill, my mom had a curio cabinet just like that filled with her beautiful collections. I think one of my sis's have it now. I don't collect crystal, but I have a pretty cut glass bell that once was my moms. It has birds on it and I love it! I'm sure it was in that curio. Thanks for the party. Love those treasures from France!
hugs,
Jann

Rita C at Panoply said...

Jill, Your husband did well! I don't collect crystal or much glass at all, but I do love a nice display of someone else's - it really looks great together, and with the lighting. Thanks for hosting us, I'm sharing some nice finds while in Naples FL, and I will def be checking out your online shop. Thanks for the offer!
Rita

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

What a great find for $50. Love all the sparkling crystal. It looks so pretty.

My thrift store addiction said...

Jillian, what a pretty curio to store your lovely crystal! Great find from your hubby ;) Thanks for hosting!

Meg said...

Thanks for hosting Jillian and featuring my post on your inspiring blog. I love the the cabinet,I would love to find one at that price as I have a large crystal collection xxx

Deanies Stash said...

What a wonderful addition to your home. The curio cabinet was a steal and looks beautiful with your crystal in it.

Diana said...

Love your new cabinet Jill, and all the wonderful crystal inside :) Thanks so much for featuring my little box, and thanks also for hosting!

Heidi | Mysweetcottage.com said...

Jillian, what a beautiful website you have. Thanks for letting me know about "Let's Talk Vintage" and for hosting.